Chairing is a demanding position which requires rather good experience and accurate understanding of the mandate and rules and procedures. Having said that, we request only experienced delegates to apply for this position.
A brief about the positions:
Director: The Director oversees the creation of working papers and draft resolutions and is responsible for editing them for formatting, spelling, grammar, and content. In addition to that, the Director must have a good grasp on the committee topics and ensure that delegates are following their countries’ policies. Apart from chairing the committee, he/she must also guide and be in contact with delegates
Assistant Director: The Moderator acts as an assistant to the Chair during committee by helping keep tallies, calling speakers, and updating the score sheet. They will also be helping maintain decorum during caucus sessions and keeping time.
At a glance
- One Director and one Assistant Director along with a Committee Head will be assigned to chair every committee.
- No Fee: At BMEMUN, the Executive Board members are/will be entitled to free entry to all our social events and will not be required to pay for anything included in the conference fee.
- Accomodation: Unfortunately, we do not offer any accommodation.
- Awards: The Chair will exercise the privilege of giving out the awards in the committee.
- Upon selection, chairs will bear the responsibility of writing the study guide in hand with the secretariat.
What you need to do:
- Apply by filling this form.
- Fill in your personal data and provide your committee preferences, along with your motivation, why you want to chair at our conference!
- In the form suggest at least 2 topics for your first choice committee and outline briefly why these topics are the most suitable of your committee.
- Await our reply. We will contact you via email or arrange a Skype interview if we need more information on your application.
- At BMEMUN, all results shall be conveyed by email; positive and negative.